As an glam girl on a budget, I love ELF makeup. Being in New York City this summer, I spend a lot of time walking around, and I actually stumbled upon a full ELF store. This was extremely excited to me because in the past, I have only really ordered online, and it was so nice to be able to test and see the products in person. Plus there was no free shipping minimum, which is always good!
Makeup is always a good idea. Two of the three products I purchased have worked their way into my daily routine already.
- Blush and Bronzer Duo in Fiji-matte: The other duos I have tried from E.L.F had so much glitter in them, so I was thrilled to find a matte palette.
- Brow Pencil in Neutral Brown: Wow. Brow pencils NEVER match for me, but this one was only $2, so I gave it a tried. I am so happy that I did, because it is smooth with intense coverage that blends very well.
- Corrective Concealer Palette in Neutralize and Conceal: I am still waiting to figure out the best way to use this product, but I love the color options. It is a little creamy, making me think it will be better for the upcoming winter months.
I have always loved the brushes, but Target never has the widest selection, so I picked out three to add to my collection.
- Blending Brush: I have been using this brush for to blend my eyelid crease. It has a similar shape to my Simga blending brush, and while it isn’t quite as soft, is does as good of a job. If you are looking for an affordable eyelid BFF, this is a great option.
- Selfie Ready Powder Brush: Let’s be honest…half the reason I bought this was the name. That said, this brush is amazing. I use it to buff in my powder, and find that it gives me a very even application.
- Sculpting Face Brush: I have been using a weird variety of brushes for my contour, so I had to snag this brush to try it out. It has a curved/sloped top, which I find works really well for bronzer. The bristles are a bit dense, so I have been using other brushes to blend after the initial applications.
As always on Sophistication and Sparkles, my goal is to help you get the most out of life during your college years and early twenties. Certain things are worth splurging on—hey, Fall textbook order—but others aren’t. I hope that this post showed you some new products that you can incorporate into your daily routine without breaking the bank!