New Year’s Trip to Manchester, Vermont
I have been a little MIA this week because I just spent the past week on a trip to Manchester, Vermont. I had an amazing time and wanted to share some of my travel tips if you are ever traveling and find yourself changing plans!
The Plan: From the beginning, the plan was to visit my boyfriend’s family and ski for the week leading up to 2016. I used to ski when I was younger, and was excited to get back out there and pick it back up.
The Reality: The weather is a fickle thing. With almost no snow and consistent rain, so we wound up not skiing at all. That said, I had an amazing time! Probably even better than if I had skied and fallen on my face a few too many times…
Things To Do During a Trip to Manchester, Vermont
- Hike Mount Equinox: I am not quite sporty enough to hike the whole thing, but my boyfriend and I did find our way around. We took a nice 4 mile hike to a beautiful pond and the view was unreal. I would highly recommend it and can only imagine that it is stunning all times of year!
- Outlet Shopping: There was amazing outlet shopping there. The streets are lined with cute outlet stores. It is completely different than any outlet center I have been to before. Instead of being set up like a consistent strip of stores, they are mostly cute individual stores that have a classic New England look. In addition to the amazing ambiance, the post holiday sales were amazing!
- Southern Vermont Arts Center: This was a cute museum that takes about an hour to walk through. It had a gorgeous variety of works from local artists.
- Northshire Bookstore: Easily one of the cutest bookstores I have been to in a long time, this one has a great atmosphere and an adorable cafe to grab lunch. It is a must-see for any trip to Manchester, Vermont!
- Stratton Mountain: Even if you can’t ski, the mountain is still a great place to walk around and check out the ski shops and eateries.
With so many things to be thankful for from 2105, I cannot wait to see what 2016 has in store for me. Happy New Year!